The hassle of getting a visa is one of the prime reasons people avoid traveling abroad. Well, that’s not the case with most of the South-east Asian countries, as they provide visa on arrival for Indian nationals. But, in the case of Vietnam, the process of visa on arrival is a bit different. Vietnam provides two types of visas for us Indians.
- Visa on Arrival (with approval letter)
- Normal Tourist Visa
Here’s all you need to know:
Visa on Arrival
The easiest way for Indian Nationals to obtain a Vietnamese Visa is to get a Visa on Arrival. In order to get a visa on arrival, you have to get an approval letter from the Vietnam immigration department in advance which usually takes 3-5 working days. There are many websites that provide this service at a cost but only a few can be trusted as there is no official website of the Immigration Department of Vietnam. If any of you need help in getting an approval letter hassle-free, a great way is to contact us on Instagram.
Once you get your approval letter, you need to print it and carry it with you to Vietnam.
On arrival at one of the international airport you will need to show your approval letter, passport, 2 passport size photograph [4cm X 6cm] and pay the stamping fee in cash. The Immigration officer will stamp the Vietnamese visa in your passport.
Stamping fee is $25 dollars (roughly 1750/- INR) for 1 Month single entry and $50 (roughly 3500/- INR) for 1 Month multiple entry.
Special Hotchpotchh Tip: Do carry some loose cash for the stamping fee.
Do note the Visa on arrival can be used for air travel only.
These are some of the main airports of Vietnam
- Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Ho Chi Minh City
- Da Nang International Airport, Da Nang
- Cam Ranh International Airport, Nha Trang
Vietnam Tourist Visa
Vietnam provides two types of Tourist visas for Indians one is for 1 month and another is for 3 months. You can apply for this visa in two ways: directly visa embassy or consulate or through VFS Global.
- 1 Month Single Entry Visa – Rs. 4400/- including VFS charges
- 3 Months Single Entry Visa – Rs 5100/- including VFS charges
- 1 Month Multiple Entry Visa – Rs. 7500/- including VFS charges
- 3 Months Multiple Entry Visa – Rs 8400/- including VFS charges
- Original passport with at least two blank page
- Passport validity should be a minimum of 45 days from the date of travel to Vietnam
- 1 application form (download here)
- One passport-size photo (4cm x 6cm – clear photo with white background is acceptable)
- Updated bank statement of the last three months
- Confirmed air ticket to and fro
VFS Global website:- https://www.vfsglobal.com/vietnam/india/
Delhi Embassy Contact Details:-
Vietnamese embassy in New Delhi, India
20 Kautilya Marg, Chanakya Puri
New Delhi 110021
Telephone: (+91) 112 687 9868
Vietnamese Consulate General in Mumbai, India
805, 8th floor, Powai Plaza Hiranandani Gardens, Central Avenue
Telephone: (+91) 22 2570 2033
So, what are you waiting for? Start planning the trip with your friends and contact us if you need any help. We hope that this blog was informative and helpful for you guys. Do let us know what places you want us to cover and how you liked this blog through the comment section below. Hotchpotchh is constantly working towards bringing quality content for you guys so make sure you keep visiting us and share it with your known ones as well. Have an amazing trip to Vietnam!
You can follow us on Instagram.
Click here to read about Mumbai’s Famous Food.
Click here know more about Litti Chokha: Bihar’s favorite food
Planning a trip to Thailand? Click Here.